Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Country Girl at Heart


Last week as I was hustling out of church a couple stopped me and asked me a question. It took me a minute to respond. I stood in silence for a second, felt the butterflies building up inside and then agreed to help.

The question was to take their engagement pictures. 

I quickly warned them that I do have some experience taking pictures of food, but not people, ah! Not to mention, she's a photographer herself. (insert: high pitched squeal).

I decided to take my camera and a friend of mine out to an area that I love. 


Country.

I dream of a home on a ton of land, that requires a ton of maintenance (sarcasm). No but really, I would love to live on acres of dry, long, dead grass that sway in the wind as I look out my kitchen window. Beautiful. 

There's only 1 problem. I hate rodents. Mice, lizards, ground squirrels, you name it. I don't like them and they don't like me. I haven't figured out how living in a country home on a ton of land would not have rodent issues. What I do know is, I don't have to worry about it right now. (thats another post coming up)

I have the greatest friends, always willing to help a sister out. Miss Mary was kind enough to be my model for the day. It was nothing but fun, sweat, apricot ale, and giggles. The day was complete. 





For a rookie photographer like myself, I think they turned out pretty good. I'm still fresh with picture taking let alone editing, yikes! This gal's photos didn't need much. A little brightening here, a little contrast there.   


Needless to say, in a few weeks I will be taking pictures of two lovely people who will be tying the knot next year. Pictures are a beautiful thing and capture life's greatest moments. I'm feeling humbled that I get to share this with them.  Until then, I will have my fair share of practicing. 

1 comment:

  1. Totally lurve your photography skills!
    Great job on your header and new pages. Your doing great!
    P.S thanks for the link love. :)

    ReplyDelete