Thursday, December 29, 2011

True Gift

There is nothing like gaining 10lbs over Christmas break due to neighbors, friends, and family delivering baked goods. I'm giving out candy to all who need or want it. Be careful, it just might be shoved in your purse without you knowing.

Every morning I wake up in hopes that it's still Christmas. So I turn on the tree lights and start up the fire. Pure joy. Our annual tradition took place on Christmas Eve with a thieving secret Santa kinda game. Except grams and pops provide all the gifts (gift cards this year!). We enjoyed the traditional baked potato dinner and battled at some Christmas Bingo. Can't beat it.


The family gathered for church that evening and made a bet on who would drip wax on themselves first. Grams blew hers out before the song ended, in fear she would lose. As you can see... it's a competitive family.


Christ was present that evening, not a question about it. My soul felt the worth. My heart was full and my eyes were constantly blinking, holding back the tears. I'm thinkin the older I get, the more I get it.

It wasn't about giving this year as much as receiving. Receiving the true gift. An eternal gift that nothing can compare to. Im thankful for our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment