Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Save the Date :: Mary + Korey


I had the privilege of taking my first engagement session for one of my best friends. These two are remarkable and so fun to be around. It's never a dull moment with them, that's for sure.





Aren't they cute or what? I barely had to do anything just a snap here and there. They totally fit the part for their rustic themed wedding too. Loved
Mary's swede boots and ivory dress.
For a hot and gusty day I think this shoot turned out pretty good. It's not hard with good models either!

 I take pictures for fun and do not use photoshop :)

Let me know what you think and maybe some photography tips, friends!

-Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie. Great first attempt. I like your posing and your composition. What I would work on is making sure you get even lighting on your subjects. There are lots of ways to do that; the easiest way is to make sure you don't shoot in mid-afternoon sun with your subjects facing the sun. Another way is to use some fill flash (and not the pop-up one). You could also use a reflector---or find a shaded area that is close to a sunny one. Make sure that it's not dappled sunlight. Try not to chop fingers.

    Cute couple and nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate all that you've suggested. Definitely will take that into consideration on my next shoot. This is such a fun hobby and I love getting free tips from professionals like you. You are totally right about lighting, it was 6:00pm and still way too bright. eh yi yi, thanks a lot sun!

    ReplyDelete