Saturday, September 17, 2011

No Bumpers Necessary



Just a random friday night adventure. I can't even remember the last time I bowled. This was one of those Groupon deals. Two hours of bowling for 15 bucks for two people. Totally worth it. 

We went, thinking that it wouldn't be crowded and quite possibly miss the chance of someone seeing how awful I bowl. Well we were wrong, it was the complete opposite. Not only were all the lanes full but we had to wait for 2 hours until a lane opened. Sierra Lanes has a bar/restaurant inside the bowling alley. It just so happened, Friday night was Karaoke night. Yee Haw! Let me just tell you, there were some interesting kareokers... or singers... or wanna be vocalists? That's the point though, right? 


By 10:00 o'clock, (when I'm normally in bed), we were ready to get our bowl on. Randy needed some practice throws to be sure he still had his game. I'm just that good (cough cough). 


The lights went dim, music grew louder and the bowling began. 


I went ahead and let him go first so he could remind me how to properly bowl. Step, right, left, right, left, bowl. So here it goes...

Ready


Step


Deliver


Strike!

Don't ask what face I am making... I think its "ah man"!

Well, almost! Not that time... but I did get two strikes in a row. So, for those of you who know the game of bowling, thats a double!  Cha Ching!

All in all, it was a blast! We bowled 3 games, sang to the music, and danced in the lanes. I'm still determined to find a bowling shirt and some shoes. Look out thrift stores, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment