Friday, July 29, 2011

Im a Sucker For These


There's just something about fresh produce that meets me right where I'm at. I could literally overdose on raspberries and blueberries during the summer months. I live for summer fruit!

On Thursday's we receive fresh picked organically grown fruit and veggies from T&D Willey Farms. Every week it is a surprise to see what the box will include. Except for the abundance of carrots we get every week. (I just might turn orange!)


Right now is amazing... our shipment includes: fresh picked peaches, Mediterranean cucumbers, mixed medley of cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, cantaloupe and much more. It's totally worth the money! Having fresh produce picked the day of and basically delivered to your front door, ummm yes please!


Lately, I've been doing a lot of picking and garden growing myself. It's something I have always been interested in doing. Being able to walk in to your own backyard and pick the produce you need just feels good. I recently went cherry picking with a group of friends. We figured, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying them in the stores, plus they're fresh! Not paying close attention I ended up loading my bucket with 10lbs of fresh picked cherries, oops! But hey, it only cost 1.85 per lb, so it was worth it!

The experience is what mattered... wearing grungy clothes, holy shoes, no makeup and ratted hair climbing on step-stools and picking your own fresh cherries. Totally worth it!

What's something you live for during the summer months?

1 comment:

  1. I totally stare at the fresh produce like it's diamonds haha. Your garden is so cute!

    ReplyDelete