Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trunk r' Treat

I spent my halloween at New Covenant Community Church, my home church, for a local outreach. NewCov was the first church in Fresno to start this event several years ago. The purpose is for families to bring their children in a more safe and fun filled environment in hope that the light of Jesus would shine through volunteers who put it on.

175 decorated cars.

Tons of candy.

and

Dozens of crazy carnies.

The most popular theme this year... Angry Birds!




I'm always impressed by the talented trunk decorators. And then there's me...

I was a pumpkin. 



Some probably figured, with my pumpkin addiction I'd eventually turn into one. 
They were right.


My lovely cousin dressed as a nerd for the evening. Note* that was her REAL outfit for 12 years of her life! Representing school uniforms!


A few of my favorite little critters came by towards the end to get some candy. Can they get any cuter?


All in all, it was a blast this year. So many smiles, encouraging words, and beautiful families. Can't wait for next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment